Shantai Watson, DC
South Denver Top Perinatal, Pediatric & Sports Chiropractor
Dr. Shantai Watson is a second generation, dual national board-certified (🇨🇦&🇺🇸) Chiropractor in Denver, CO. Dr. Shantai has special interest and extensive training in pediatric, prenatal, postpartum and sports chiropractic, and women's health. She believes that your health is your most important asset and it deserves a proactive and whole-person approach.
Growing up in Edmonton, Canada, Dr. Shantai’s love for sports began at 3 yrs old when she clicked in to her first pair of skis. As she began competing internationally as a FIS ski racer, having Chiropractors as parents meant she got to experience the amazing boost to performance that athletes can achieve through chiropractic care. This “boost” became especially apparent after a major injury where she broke both of her legs at once, dislocated her left knee and required 13 surgeries to stabilize it. Although she was told she may not ever run or ski again, 3 years later, she got to strap her skis back on. That was one of the best days of her life, and why she’s so passionate for the power of chiropractic.
Dr. Shantai practices what she preaches and lives an active lifestyle involving cycling, running, yoga, hiking, CrossFit and skiing. She can be found in the mountains every weekend in the winter, coaching kids skiing at Team Summit. Dr. Shantai also loves to travel – she has visited 35 countries and most recently completed a 600 mile bike-packing trip in Australia. A bucket list item is to visit all 7 continents. She only has Antarctica left, but it might be a little too chilly!
Palmer College of Chiropractic West
Doctor of Chiropractic, Cum Laude Honors and Pi Tau Delta Honor society member.
University of Alberta
Bachelor of Science in Biology with Distinction.
SEMINARS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• ICPA seminars: Webster Technique, Enhancing Pediatric Neuroplasticity, Advanced Spinal Assessment of the Infant and Child, The Essentials of Chiropractic in the Perinatal Period
• Advanced Postpartum Care: The Chiropractic Clinical Guide
• ICA Council on Chiropractic Pediatrics seminars: Pediatrics 101
• FAKTR Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Seminar
• MPI Full Spine Analysis and Adjustive Technique Seminar
• Rocktape Fascial Movement Taping (FMT) Basic Certification
• ProActive Sports Muscle Testing Seminar
• MLS Level 1 Adjusting Seminar
• SOT Technique
• Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation
• Basic Life Support Certification
• Ideal Protein Weight Loss Coach Level 2 Certification
• National Coach Certification Program Level 1 Certification
• American Chiropractic Association (ACA) Member
• ACA Pediatrics Council Member
• ACA Sports Council Member
• ACA Rehab Council Member
• International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) member
• President, ACA Sports Council Student Executive (2019)
• 1st Vice President, ACA Sports Council Student Executive (2018)
• Chiropractic Intern, Palmer Sports Council (2016-2019)
• Cofounder and President, Palmer Chiropractic on Purpose Club (2018)
• Social Media Director, ACA Sports Council Student Executive (2017)
• Home First Outreach Rotation, Chiropractic Intern
• Sea Otter Classic, Medical/Chiropractic Team
• Chiropractic Volunteer, Vitality Masters Mission Trips, Mexico
• Chiropractic Volunteer, Spinal Missions, El Salvador
• North Face Endurance Challenge, Medical/Chiropractic Team
• San Jose Turkey Trot, Medical/Chiropractic Team
• Disabled Children Daycare Worker and English Teacher, Ho Chi Minh City